This is a reading from Samuel Rutherford’s book Christ Dying and Drawing Sinners to Himself. For more about the book see the podcast episode 57 interview with Rob McCurley. This reading is kindly supplied by Rev Bryan Peters of the Presbyterian Reformed Church of Columbus, Indiana.
- “One of the old sufferers”: William Reid, Dunning – SFH112
- “The off-scourings of all things, yet…precious”: Alexander Pitcairn, Dron – SFH111
- “No more night nor darkness”: John Welwood, Dron – SFH110
- The Secret and True History of James Kirkton – Greyfriars, Edinburgh – SFH109
- “Constant in the truth”: Archibald Simson of Dalkeith – SFH108
Alexander Brodie Alexander Henderson Alexander Peden Alexander Shields Archibald Campbell Archibald Johnston Archibald Skeldie Bass Rock Beatrix Umpherston Biggar Borders Carnwath Christ Dying Claverhouse Covenanters David Dickson Douglas Dumfries & Galloway East Lothian Edinburgh Greyfriars Kirkyard Helen Alexander James Durham James Guthrie James Renwick John Blackadder John Carstairs King Charles II Kirkliston Lanarkshire London Magdalen Chapel Midlothian Moffat Moray National Covenant National Museum Parliament Square Perthshire Royal Mile Samuel Rutherford Slavery Solemn League & Covenant Solemn League and Covenant Tolbooth