We are at the remote spot near Mauldslie, close to Gladhouse Reservoir with the Moorfoot Hills as a backdrop. During the first half of 1679 field meetings were held here on the boundary of the Borders and Midlothian. It was a brief window of powerful preaching. James Currie tells us of the dramatic and lasting impact and how they managed to escape being disrupted.
- Covenant Close and the International Covenant – The Royal Mile, Edinburgh – SFH104
- Newbattle Abbey and the International Covenant – Lothian Burial Ground, Newbattle Abbey – SFH103
- Freedom and Faithfulness? – George Johnstone of Newbattle – SFH102
- Explaining the International Covenant – SFH101
- “Honest Mr William Erskine” – Tron Church, Edinburgh – SFH100
Alexander Brodie Alexander Henderson Alexander Peden Alexander Shields Archibald Campbell Archibald Johnston Archibald Skeldie Bass Rock Beatrix Umpherston Biggar Borders Carnwath Carolina Christ Dying Claverhouse Closeburn Covenanters David Dickson Douglas Dumfries & Galloway East Lothian Edinburgh Glencorse Old Kirk Greyfriars Kirkyard Helen Alexander James Guthrie James Renwick John Blackadder John Carstairs King Charles II Kirkliston Lanarkshire London Magdalen Chapel Midlothian Moffat Moray National Covenant National Museum Parliament Square Royal Mile Samuel Rutherford Slavery Solemn League & Covenant Tolbooth