We are at the remote spot near Mauldslie, close to Gladhouse Reservoir with the Moorfoot Hills as a backdrop. During the first half of 1679 field meetings were held here on the boundary of the Borders and Midlothian. It was a brief window of powerful preaching. James Currie tells us of the dramatic and lasting impact and how they managed to escape being disrupted.
- “Smoking Desires for Union” – The International Covenant at St Giles – SFH098
- “A Man of Many Meditations” – John Carstairs – SFH097
- Escaping from Prison – Canongate Tolbooth – SFH096
- “Such a wife, such a friend, such a counsellor” – Janet Carstairs – SFH095
- “O what a glory appears here!” – John Carstairs’ Revival Experiences – SFH094
Alexander Brodie Alexander Henderson Alexander Peden Alexander Shields Archibald Campbell Archibald Johnston Archibald Skeldie Bass Rock Beatrix Umpherston Biggar Borders Carnwath Carolina Christ Dying Claverhouse Closeburn Covenanters David Dickson Douglas Dumfries & Galloway East Lothian Edinburgh Glencorse Old Kirk Greyfriars Kirkyard Helen Alexander Irvine James Guthrie James Renwick John Blackadder John Carstairs King Charles II Kirkliston Lanarkshire London Magdalen Chapel Midlothian Moffat Moray National Covenant National Museum Parliament Square Samuel Rutherford Slavery Solemn League & Covenant Tolbooth