We are at the remote spot near Mauldslie, close to Gladhouse Reservoir with the Moorfoot Hills as a backdrop. During the first half of 1679 field meetings were held here on the boundary of the Borders and Midlothian. It was a brief window of powerful preaching. James Currie tells us of the dramatic and lasting impact and how they managed to escape being disrupted.
- “One of the old sufferers”: William Reid, Dunning – SFH112
- “The off-scourings of all things, yet…precious”: Alexander Pitcairn, Dron – SFH111
- “No more night nor darkness”: John Welwood, Dron – SFH110
- The Secret and True History of James Kirkton – Greyfriars, Edinburgh – SFH109
- “Constant in the truth”: Archibald Simson of Dalkeith – SFH108
Alexander Brodie Alexander Henderson Alexander Peden Alexander Shields Archibald Campbell Archibald Johnston Archibald Skeldie Bass Rock Beatrix Umpherston Biggar Borders Carnwath Christ Dying Claverhouse Covenanters David Dickson Douglas Dumfries & Galloway East Lothian Edinburgh Greyfriars Kirkyard Helen Alexander James Durham James Guthrie James Renwick John Blackadder John Carstairs King Charles II Kirkliston Lanarkshire London Magdalen Chapel Midlothian Moffat Moray National Covenant National Museum Parliament Square Perthshire Royal Mile Samuel Rutherford Slavery Solemn League & Covenant Solemn League and Covenant Tolbooth