Intense emotion surrounded the beginnings of the movement that brought about the Solemn, League and Covenant. It was an international covenant that embraced the political, religious and personal of these nations – a very unique thing. In this episode, we find out how it was first drafted and received in Edinburgh.
- “Smoking Desires for Union” – The International Covenant at St Giles – SFH098
- “A Man of Many Meditations” – John Carstairs – SFH097
- Escaping from Prison – Canongate Tolbooth – SFH096
- “Such a wife, such a friend, such a counsellor” – Janet Carstairs – SFH095
- “O what a glory appears here!” – John Carstairs’ Revival Experiences – SFH094
Alexander Brodie Alexander Henderson Alexander Peden Alexander Shields Archibald Campbell Archibald Johnston Archibald Skeldie Bass Rock Beatrix Umpherston Biggar Borders Carnwath Carolina Christ Dying Claverhouse Closeburn Covenanters David Dickson Douglas Dumfries & Galloway East Lothian Edinburgh Glencorse Old Kirk Greyfriars Kirkyard Helen Alexander Irvine James Guthrie James Renwick John Blackadder John Carstairs King Charles II Kirkliston Lanarkshire London Magdalen Chapel Midlothian Moffat Moray National Covenant National Museum Parliament Square Samuel Rutherford Slavery Solemn League & Covenant Tolbooth